Saturday, August 2, 2008

In case your day needs lightening...

I don't know if you remember this, but I got a grant to study some howling monkey locomotion in the field, in Costa Rica. So I've been in Costa Rica... over 3 weeks now, closer to 4. The howling monkeys have been awesome, except for that week period where the two troops I was watching disappeared, which means I had to go far distances to try to find other groups... and either resoundly failed, or they weren't moving. Which doesn't help when you study locomotion. Luckily, I discovered there were two rather odd monkeys who hang out together in this one spot after 4:30pm when the other monkeys aren't around. I call them odd, because they are quite the odd couple. One is a capuchin, and one is a howling monkey. Capuchins are very mean, howling monkeys... are just lazy. I called the capuchin Bonkers and the howling monkey Buddy. I have no idea how they got to be friends or what not, but I have some awesome nightshot footage of them playing together, when I download the video I'll try to upload it to youtube so you can see it.

Anyhoo, the reason I am writing to you tonight is for a much less important reason. I thought it was kind of funny that I was super bored tonight, and decided to learn the Soulja boy dance for Crank that. That's right, the superman song.

So, let's recap: I am in Costa Rica, by myself (and have been for over 2 weeks, what can I say not having people to talk to does things to you), am learning the superman dance by soulja boy in my geeky Keen sandals. You read that right. I have some hard stone flooring that started hurting my feet, so I had to put on some shoes that would operate for dancing.

Just thought you might appreciate my ridiculousness. And I don't think you ever expected a label for a post on this blog to be "Soulja boy." That is all. Love your email updates :).

No comments: